A good honours degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent industrial and work experience.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5
Months of entry
Do you want to build on your knowledge of civil engineering by understanding how environmental factors can influence the engineering process?
On our Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering MSc degree course, you'll learn more about the environment's impact on the way we plan, design, construct and manage large-scale public works. You'll cover issues such as pollution, public health and resource management, and study the impacts they make.
We'll provide you with the expertise and support you need to develop your professional practice – so that once you graduate, you'll have the expertise to enter a career as a construction industry professional or environmental consultant.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Learn through a combination of lectures, seminars and discussion groups, and benefit from the expertise of our academic staff as well as experienced practitioners from outside organisations
- Use our laboratory facilities, including an environmental lab and computing equipment
- Apply your skills to real-life practical problems as part of our partnership schemes with local and global organisations
- Be able to study overseas through the ERASMUS exchange scheme
- Complete your own civil engineering design project and independent research project
- Learn how to address complex construction project problems
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the construction industry, or in related fields.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
Civil engineers need a wide range of skills and abilities in order to meet society's changing needs. When you graduate from the MSc Civil Engineering degree course, you'll have the expert knowledge, technical skills and competencies that employers in industry expect. The employment rate for our civil engineering graduates is excellent.
Career opportunities include:
- Civil engineering
- Site engineering
- Project management
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
Joint Board of Moderators - Meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired an Accredited CEng (Partial) BEng (Hons) or an Accredited IEng (Full) BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree under United Kingdom Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC)
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0)23 9284 5566