Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We would normally expect you to have one of the following:
- A Master’s-level degree in a media or creative-related subject, and at least three years of continuous experience in an educational context, preferably at a senior level.
- A Bachelors degree at Upper Second Class (2:1) or higher in a related subject and at least ten years of continuous experience in an educational context, preferably at a senior level.
Some supervisors may ask you for additional entry requirements, such as relevant work experience, evidence of written work, or previous study of a particular subject.
Entry requirements may vary so it is important to discuss your application in principle before submitting a formal application.
Months of entry
We have designed this part-time course specifically for working media and creative teachers in schools, colleges and higher education institutions, but it will also be of interest to any teachers who want to know more about how media - and particularly media technologies - can be used in teaching and learning.
This programme of study is also ideal for any team leaders or heads of department who oversee the teaching of media and creative subjects, and for those in higher education with a primarily pedagogic approach to the creative and media field.
You'll predominantly be working online to complete this course, with two residential sessions per year allowing you to meet other doctoral students in your cohort and share your ideas.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need:
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with minimum 5.5 in each component or equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please check Bournemouth University course website for the latest tuition fees information.
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- DProf by taught
- part time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44(0)1202 961 916