Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 or equivalent.
Months of entry
Marketing communications professionals increasingly need an integrated knowledge of advertising, public relations, direct marketing, and social and digital media in order to deliver relevant, clear and consistent messages to consumers, the public and stakeholders.
This new MA Marketing Communications course will equip you with cutting-edge knowledge and skills to be agile in industry and to define new industry practice.
- Develop, implement and critically evaluate marketing communications strategies, from both a theoretical and practical perspective
- Discover new and emerging forms of marketing communications such as branded content, branded entertainment and digital storytelling
- Develop insights into the latest techniques of marketing communications research and practice
- Undertake an optional 30-week professional placement within the communication or media sector, designed to enhance your employability after graduation
- Benefit from strong industry connections with relevant professional bodies in the UK, including accreditation from the Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA), recognition from the Chartered Institution of Public Relations (CIPR) and the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway with exemptions once you have completed your course
- Graduate with the skills to pursue a successful career in advertising, marketing, public relations, branding or any other marketing communications related field.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of speaking, writing, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
Please check Bournemouth University course website for the latest tuition fees information.
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961916