Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2, or equivalent.
Months of entry
This flexible course gives you the chance to study communication and media theory at an advanced level. It will provide you with a highly employable set of skills, together with the ability to engage with theoretical concepts and display critical understanding and analysis.
- Develop your capability to engage with research and communicate your ideas in a variety of media, including text, video and audio.
- Tailor the course to suit your needs with the option of a start date in September or January.
- Choose from a range of option units to focus on subjects that are of interest and relevance to you.
- Apply to undertake a 30-week professional placement within the communication or media sector, designed to enhance your employability after graduation.
- Gain the skills to make valuable contributions towards media and communications practice within complex or unpredictable environments.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in each component of speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
Please check Bournemouth University course website for the latest tuition fees information.
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
1 year full-time or 2 years full-time with optional 30-week placement (September start), 16 months full-time or 2 years full-time with optional 30-week placement (January start)
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961 916