A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree or an equivalent internationally recognised qualification in a related or non –related subject. Some evidence of numeracy skills will be beneficial.
Applicants with non-degree qualifications who have relevant work experience (minimum two years full-time) will also be considered.
Months of entry
Accounting information lies at the heart of management and is also used by investors, business contacts, competitors and other external parties. Therefore, the MSc Accounting and Business Management appeals to graduates with a business-related degree who want to develop their understanding of accounting and management in a business context and develop skills that enhance their employability. The rigorous and integrated syllabus emphasises the value of developing knowledge and skills progressively. It supports personal learning and development through managed choice and encourages personal initiative, enthusiasm and positive study habits.
This programme offers students an opportunity to:
- Develop an appreciation of the role of accounting within the overall function of management
- Acquire technical accounting skills and integrate theoretical and conceptual considerations with practice
- Evaluate the principles and theories that underpin accounting and management
- Critically reflect on the role of the main stakeholders and the influence of regulatory frameworks on accounting and management
- Develop analytical and problem solving abilities and apply them in making management decisions
- Review research on current issues in accounting and management and apply accepted research methods to investigate a specific research question independently
- Develop transferrable skills that will enhance employability
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Amongst other discounts and scholarships, Brunel University London is offering Academic Excellence Scholarships to postgraduate students (15%) and scholarships for Brunel Alumni (15%).
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599