Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
For entry requirements for this course, please visit our website
Months of entry
Challenge yourself on this practice-focused programme and develop the confidence, knowledge and skills for a successful career in finance.
Studying our MSc Finance programme will help you to succeed in an interconnected, diverse and ever-changing international environment by exposing you to current thinking in finance and real-world challenges.
We will provide you with an in-depth insight into strategic aspects of finance. You will explore the key topics of asset pricing, investment management and corporate finance, alongside developing your consultancy and research skills. The programme will enable you to pursue a specialist career in investment management or trading, working as a senior executive or consultant in corporate or financial institutions. A variety of module options will help you tailor your learning in specific aspects of finance to achieve your future career aspirations.
You will be exposed to cutting-edge trading simulations in our flagship Trading Room. The 56-seat capacity trading floor, is one of the largest in the UK and provides you with the opportunity to gain the practical skills required for life at the stock exchange. An Optional Bloomberg Certification is also offered.
The programme examines a range of contemporary issues in finance, including the use of innovative financial technologies and instruments, electronic trading, ethical financial decision making and the corporate financial life-cycle.
• Training by practitioners: you will be provided with training to prepare you for investment banking professions by practitioners .
• The career enhancer service: professional advisors provide tailored support to enhance your entry into the workforce and achieve your career aspirations.
• Exposure to topical issues: the opportunity to enjoy events related to topical challenges, perhaps through the Finance and Trading Society - one of our largest societies.
• Activities in the Trading Room and development of practical skills: you will be exposed to cutting-edge trading simulations in our flagship Trading Room.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 4455