We welcome applications from talented candidates from all backgrounds. Candidates are normally high potential, early-career managers with one to five years’ post-qualification experience in any sector.
Candidates normally possess a first or second class UK honours degree (or an international equivalent). Alternatively we will consider a professional qualification (such as CIMA, ACA, ACCA) together with a minimum of five years’ post-qualification work experience.
Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may also be considered.
Professional experience and personal qualities are equally important to us and each application is considered on its individual merit.
Months of entry
The part-time Management and Leadership MSc is informed by Cranfield’s Management MSc – ranked 6th in the UK and 28th in the world in the QS World University Rankings: Masters in Management rankings 2022 – and our Executive MBA – ranked 8th in the UK in the Financial Times Executive MBA ranking 2020.
This practical management postgraduate course, delivered in partnership with Grant Thornton – one of the world’s leading organisations of independent professional services, will help you develop your leadership and management skills with a specific focus on leading-edge insights, commercial application, and effective management frameworks. It offers a ‘real-world’ business education which can be applied directly back into the workplace.
You will benefit from a diverse student cohort and our faculty’s direct involvement with global businesses. On successful completion, you will have a deep understanding of contemporary business issues and a capacity to assume active leadership roles.
This part-time programme meets the requirements of the Level 7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship Standard. Eligible organisations can use £14,000 of their Apprenticeship Levy to cover the Senior Leader Apprenticeship (Part 1) of the programme tuition fee. For students choosing to progress onto the Management and Leadership MSc (Part II) the additional fee of £5000 can be funded by the employer or employee.
This page is dedicated to students seeking the Management and Leadership MSc independent of Apprenticeship Levy funding. If you are looking for more information on our Apprenticeship Levy part-funded routes, please view here.
Why this course?
• Cranfield School of Management consistently performs well in international business rankings. We are top 10 in the UK and 34th in Europe in the Financial Times European Business School 2021 Rankings.
• The collaboration of Cranfield and Grant Thornton in the delivery of this course ensures you will be exposed to industry-leading education, incorporating teaching from current practitioners, business simulations and one-to-one leadership coaching.
• You will develop leadership capabilities in yourself and others, in order to meet today’s societal and business challenges.
• You will gain comprehensive knowledge of core business functions enabling you to progress into a variety of management areas.
• You will develop a strategic mind-set to enable the achievement of business objectives.
• You will develop the self-awareness and confidence to effectively lead, or operate as part of, a team.
• You will study with a cohort of experienced professionals, build your network and gain insights into management best practice internationally in an atmosphere that encourages camaraderie.
Who is it for?
Early-career professionals who want a "real-world" business education which they can apply directly back to their workplace.
Second career professionals seeking a change into management and leadership positions.
Self-motivated, early-career managers who are keen to improve their management skills, knowledge and abilities, and become more effective leaders.
Information for international students
Lectures are delivered over one week per quarter for the duration of the course at Cranfield School of Management.
Fees and funding
View Fees and Funding information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time26 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1234 758081