Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Bachelor degree and/or Masters in any discipline:
Candidates with less than 240 ECTS* or equivalent (less than 4 years of full-time study at a higher education level) will be required to attend an additional online semester from July to September.
A minimum of 12 months of work experience (including internships), preferably in areas related to energy, business or management
Two references (ideally one academic, one professional)
English proficiency: C1
Months of entry
The MSc in Energy Management provides you with a holistic, 360-degree view of the energy business.
The programme covers renewable and alternative energy, sustainability, electricity markets and oil business, as well as gas and LNG markets, focusing on enabling participants with the essential toolkit to manage real-life energy projects as the industry enters a transition period.
It provides students with the ability to develop and implement strategies to address major issues in energy regulation and policy, and to understand the energy business environment and its fundamental economic and technological concepts.
The MSc in Energy Management is supported by specialist faculty industry professionals, as well as our London-based Energy Management Centre (EMC). Taught at the London and Paris campuses, the programme offers a unique opportunity to explore the global energy scene while studying in the two essential energy hubs in Europe.
The programme has a holistic approach that will prepare you for a variety of careers related to the energy industry in the areas of consultancy/project management, finance and investment banking, trading, risk management, market/business analysis, brokering, operations and more.
Our MEM alumni see excellent employment prospects after graduation, benefitting from a 39% salary increase and €46,700 average starting salary worldwide within 6 months of graduation (MEM Class of 2020).
Graduates have gone on to work in companies such as E.ON, Total, EDF, Engie, Schlumberger and Wood Mackenzie.
MSc in Energy Management at a glance
- Experience 9-12 months of practical curriculum at our London and Paris campuses, followed by 9 months in professional development.
- Benefit from our unique 360° coverage of the energy industry, which will expose you to renewable and alternative energy, sustainability, electricity markets and oil business, as well as gas and LNG markets
- Strengthen your professional network with our Energy Management Centre
- Deepen your area of specialisation and choose from our two customised tracks - Finance & Investment or Project Management & Consultancy - during your Paris term
- Benefit from the integrated 9-to-12-week Company Consultancy Project for a real client, and the final practical experience - Internship or Direct Employment of minimum 4 months.
- Choose your preferred Visa Entry Route to benefit from a post-study visa in the UK or France.
- Join a diverse professional network of 68,000+ alumni based in 150 countries worldwide.
- Professional accreditation by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) and the Energy Institute (EI)
- This MSc specialisation is part of the DAEMIE (Diplôme d’Etudes Avancées en Management International des Entreprises) programme and is accredited as a Grade de Master and Visa Bac+5 by the French Ministry. The programme holds 120 ECTS.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR?
This programme is for anyone who wants to:
- Understand the energy business environment and its fundamental economic and technological concepts
- Develop in-depth knowledge of energy technologies, industries and markets
- Become a future energy leader equipped with key skills to manage energy transition and tackle any challenges related to energy business
- Prepare to take on major responsibilities in tomorrow’s economic environment by developing a personal vision of the globalised economy
- Develop a thorough and practical approach to managerial issues and resources related to the energy industry
Information for international students
The MSc in Energy Management offers students an option to choose between two entry routes that provide different post-study opportunities, one in the UK (Graduate Immigration Route) and the other in France (Standard Route). Based on the route you choose, you will require either a UK Student Visa or a UK Standard Visitor Visa to enter the programme.
Fees and funding
- Tuition fees for the October 2022 intake of this specialisation are set at £22,200 (all students, EU and non-EU). Travel and living costs are not covered by the fees.
- There is an application fee of €130 for all applicants. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- Candidates entering the programme with less than 240 ECTS will also be required to attend an additional online semester with a supplement fee of £2,650.
The MSc in Energy Management programme also offers several Access Opportunity scholarships to support our student journey to becoming the energy leaders of tomorrow. These scholarships are worth up to £5,000 and awarded on the basis of both merit and financial need.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Rachel Twine