An Honours degree with a minimum 2.2 classification from an approved university or a degree from a university together with such relevant professional experience as deemed appropriate by the School. Non-UK applicants will be expected to have demonstrated competence in English language equivalent to a minimum of IELTS 6.5. Applicants who have studied and successfully achieved a UK degree within 24 months of the start of the MSc are exempt from this requirement.
Months of entry
The MSc in Real Estate at Liverpool John Moores University is accredited by the RICS and is designed as a fast-rack route for first-degree holders seeking a career in Real Estate.
- Complete this masters degree in one year (full time), two years (part time).
- Professionally accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Prepares you for a career in Real Estate from a wide range of first degrees.
- The academic team combines academic rigour with extensive practical experience of the construction and property professions.
- Extensive industry involvement from the public and private sector.
- Excellent career opportunities with leading UK and international surveying firms and consultancies, property companies, developers and public sector organisations.
- Internationally recognised research in our Built Environment and Sustainable Technologies (BEST) Research Institute.
You will develop your ability to think analytically at a strategic and managerial level in the context of the built environment. The programme covers all aspects of the valuation, investment and management of property as an asset in the context of the legislative framework and economic drivers that underpin today’s complex and dynamic real estate markets.
The commercial property sector provides an important focus within the course; however, the programme content has been enhanced to align not only with the Commercial Property Practice core competencies but also the Valuation and Residential APC pathways.
The course has been developed in partnership with principal surveying practices and enjoys established links with employers in both the private and public sector, ensuring that it is responsive to the changing needs of industry, government, local communities and professional practice.
The overall aim of the programme is to provide you with the skills and attributes to gain a graduate surveyor position within the profession.
Information for international students
LJMU will be awarding a range of generous international scholarships for students enrolling at the University in September. Please contact LJMU’s International Team by visiting www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/international-students for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090