You will need a UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent. We will also welcome an application if you don’t have a degree, but you have the equivalent professional qualification or significant relevant management experience.
This course is suitable to students with a variety of academic and professional backgrounds. It aims to equip those who wish to pursue a managerial career with the required skills to understand and apply knowledge and understanding of business analytics. However, it should be noted that applicants are not expected to possess any significant technical skills when applying for this course.
For overseas students, we require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Months of entry
Big data is big business. As technology becomes more sophisticated, the power to harness information becomes more valuable. To keep up with competition and progress, businesses need graduates who can harness the power of big data and spot new opportunities and efficiencies.
This course gives you the ability to understand the applications, identify the opportunities and master the tools that turn business analytics into business impact.
You will cover a balance of techniques and practical skills, learning how big data can deliver the kind of insights that can cut costs, deliver efficiency and boost profits. There are a range of optional units on offer, while your dissertation will offer you the chance to dive deep into a topic that interests you, so you will find plenty of opportunities to tailor your studies around your ambitions.
Learn from the experts
While it is a specialist field at the forefront of analytics, you do not need advanced technical skills or a degree in business intelligence or analytics to join us. You can enrol with no prior knowledge of business or management, and develop the expertise needed for specialist roles in this rewarding field.
To explore the sector, you will get valuable insights into the important role business analysis plays in modern organisations through our guest lecture series. We invite experienced and active professionals from different areas of the industry to give you an idea of the potential career paths available to you when you graduate.
Features and Benefits
- Internationally recognised – our Business School is named in the QS World University Rankings 2022 for Masters in Business Analytics. We achieved this position through demonstrating a level of excellence in employability, thought leadership and diversity.
- Taught by experts - this course is delivered by academics who have their feet firmly in the world of consulting and they bring that practical experience into the classroom.
- Triple accredited - our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Customisable degree – this course allows you to tailor your degree to specialise in areas that interest you the most.
- A city of opportunities – with global organisations, innovative start-ups and a thriving tech scene, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities. Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional networks.
- Placement options – apply your new skills outside of your course, with an opportunity to take short-term internships with employers in the city.
- Unique insights – learn from guest lecturers who are leading professionals.
- Employability – attend a series of key industry events and masterclasses throughout your course and network with recruiting businesses.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969