This course is suitable for students from any academic discipline. You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above). One academic or vocational reference is required.
Months of entry
Our innovative and unique MSc Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship degree is aimed at ambitious future entrepreneurs from any academic discipline providing them the opportunity to create your own-start up. This course combines rigorous academic theory with the practical skills, hands-on experience and valuable networks you need to make your business a success.
The aim of the course is to foster innovation and value creation, giving you the knowledge, skills and capabilities to create and lead successful start-ups. You will develop a strong foundation in building and managing the key functions of a new venture. We will expose you to the networks and investment opportunities you will need to get your ideas off the ground, and there is even the chance to access seed funding directly from the Business School.
You will learn how to control risk and uncertainty, implement solutions and maximise opportunities. In your final semester, you’ll undertake the Business Model and Entrepreneurship Experience Project, which enables you to being setting up a new business venture and attracting finance. During this project a selection of students will compete to participate at the European Innovation Academy Challenge and present their propositions to mentors and investors from the Silicon Valley.
Why choose this degree?
- During the course your professional and business networks will be enriched by an international experience, following a ‘young’ entrepreneurial firm, experiencing directly the entrepreneurial journey.
- The course provides you a unique seed fund and access to the entrepreneurial community, presenting you with connections to experts, entrepreneurs, business angels and capitalists.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, normally held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- All Entrepreneurship students at Nottingham Business School will have access to The Hive, a purpose built centre dedicated to helping turn business ideas into reality.
This course will now be starting in January 2021.
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our website to find out more.
Pre-Masters and foundation degrees
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please contact Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page of our website.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our website.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit the pre-sessional English course page of our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0)115 848 4200