You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
Our MSc Management and Global Supply Chain Management course is a unique course for those considering a career within logistics management, operations management and supply chain consultancy. You will study contemporary issues relating to strategic operations, operational decision-making and the principles of management.
It begins by exploring the management of operations at a strategic level, before developing your understanding of the global supply chain and how organisations within it perform in relation to one another. You'll also undertake analysis with realistic data, tackling the type of questions you might face in an operations or global supply chain environment and building valuable practical skills.
You’ll be firmly rooted in understanding the global supply chain, and you’ll gain a broad knowledge of the principles and concepts underlying the strategic and operational performance of organisations in relation to one another within the international supply chain. Building on your practical skills by analysing realistic data to explore the questions you might confront in an operations role, and / or in a global supply chain environment.
When you graduate, you'll receive both the Masters degree and a Chartered Institute of Managers (CMI) Level 7 qualification in Management and Leadership. Our partnership with the CMI means that you'll enjoy complimentary student membership for the duration of your course, and for the first year after graduation.
Why study this degree?
- You will complete a hands-on project, giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include the Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- It is a conversion Masters and is therefore not restricted to students with a business or management related first degree.
- This route will both deepen your understanding of strategic operations across a range of sectors and use the supply chain as a basis for integrating your understanding of the other management functions.
- Typically, these routes are made up of students from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, normally held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
- We are ranked amongst the top 100 universities globally in the Financial Times 2017 ranking for Masters in Management.
- We are 9th for the number of postgraduate taught students studying Management Studies (HESA data 2016/17)
Information for international students
We accept qualifications from schools, colleges and universities all over the world for entry onto our postgraduate degrees. If you’re not sure how your international qualification matches our course requirements please visit our website to find out more.
Pre-Masters and foundation degrees
If you need to do a foundation or pre-Masters course to meet our course requirements please contact Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC). If you’re already studying in the UK at a school or college and would like to know if we can accept your qualification please visit our foundation and pre-Masters courses page of our website.
English language entry requirements
If English is not your first language you need to show us that your language skills are strong enough for intensive academic study. We usually ask for an IELTS test and we accept some alternative English language tests.
- For 1-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- For 2-year Masters you'll need a 6.5 grade overall with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and listening, and 5.5 in reading and writing.
For a list of our language requirements please visit our website.
If you need to do a pre-sessional English language course to meet the English requirements, please visit the pre-sessional English course page of our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0) 115 848 4460