You will need:
- A minimum of a 2.2 honours degree or equivalent
- GCSE English, Mathematics and Science at minimum grade C or equivalent.
- Two years’work experience in a related role; current employment in a related field.
- Relevant and recent experience of teaching in at least two schools / colleges prior to being assessed against the Teachers' Standards and the ability to evidence this;
- Teaching experience across two or more consecutive age ranges;
- The ability to read effectively and good verbal and written communication skills in Standard English;
- Professional ITT Skills Tests
- You must provide satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service and Prohibition Order checks as part of the assessment process.
- If you your setting is based further than 50 miles from Nottingham please contact the University
Months of entry
Ideal for experienced graduates with substantial teaching experience, this short course is a route to gain Qualified Teaching Status for the Primary age range through an assessment of your current teaching.
You must be based in a UK school, teaching the English National Curriculum. Supported by your school or college, the course allows you to demonstrate that you already meet all the QTS standards.
A successful assessment leads to a recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)* and allows you to begin your Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) induction.
Separate Assessment Only courses are available for Early Years teachers and Secondary teaching.
*The title of this award is subject to change due to an ongoing government consultation.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time3 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200