A UK honours degree in a Biological subject (minimum 2.2) or equivalent and a professional qualification of equivalent status. You will already be working in pathology or industrial biomedical laboratories or have a strong interests in Biomedical Science. International students need IELTS 6.5 (with minimum of 5.5 in reading, listening, speaking and writing).
Months of entry
January, September, April
Study part-time and through distance learning for an accredited Biomedical Science Masters qualification while continuing to work.
This flexible programme is designed to further your career in the healthcare profession, biomedical industry or in academia and has the potential to lead on to a professional doctorate. As the majority of study is undertaken online through eLearning materials there is no attendance required at Nottingham Trent University during this course. This allows you to fit your study in around your other commitments.
Undertaking a distance learning course requires a self-disciplined approach to engaging with the self-guided eLearning materials that have been specially designed to deliver the course content. You will be taught by our highly regarded academics who have achieved 100% world-leading or internationally excellent research impact.
Reasons to choose this course:
- This course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS).
- Our Biomedical Sciences team has over 30 years' experience of delivering high quality professionally accredited courses in this area of study. The team is always available to support you with your studies.
- This course offers the perfect opportunity for professionals within the biomedical industry to develop their qualifications whilst working.
- CPD points - it is possible to enrol for single modules in order to gain continuing professional development points.
- You can study at your own pace - no attendance required.
- You can start your course at different times during the year - choose the most convenient date for you.
- Your exams can be taken in your workplace or a suitable venue as agreed by the university.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
Modules include: Cellular Pathology, Clinical Chemistry, Haematology and Transfusion Science, Medical Microbiology, Cytology, Cancer and Heart Disease, Pharmacology, Molecular Biology and DNA Technology, Cell Culture and Antibody Technology, Special Topics in Molecular Biology.
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)115 848 8351