Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Specializations: International Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Global Finance, and Banking
Mode of study: online (2.5 years)
90 ECTS / (Level / EQF 7)
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in the related field
- Minimum of two years of work experience
- English Proficiency for non-native speakers
- Successful completion of the admissions interview
- SBS admissions exam (when applicable)
– Applicants who do not meet the Bachelor Admission Criteria will be reviewed by the SBS Admissions Team.
– Applicants who do not have a Bachelor’s degree in the related field will be asked to successfully complete the SBS Massive Open Online Courses (so-called LEVEL UP exam) prior to entering one of the SBS Master programs.
– Applicants can transfer credits from a recognized higher education institution if for the course they have earned a grade ‘B’ or higher.
Required documentation for the Online MBA Program
- Copy of Bachelor’s degree (transcript and diploma)
- Copy of the official Bachelor transcripts (grade sheet)
- Complete CV and work certificates indicating professional experiences and responsibilities
- Minimum of two years’ work experience required for the MBA
- English proficiency test results unless previous education was conducted in English
- TOEFL IBT 90, IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- GMAT Only applicable for U.S. Bachelor degree holders
- A total score of 550
Months of entry
In our Online MBA program, each course is credited with 5 ECTS; the Master Thesis is credited with 15 ECTS. The Online MBA is a 90 ECTS program.
Each course has a duration of 8 weeks.* During the 8 weeks, students need to complete projects, analyze case studies, submit assignments and exams, as assigned by the lecturer. The Online Master of Business Administration (Online MBA) program requires completion of 15 courses, plus a Master thesis.
Completion time for the program is expected to be in the range of 24 months on average. However, students may take up to 5 years for completion of the program. Our SBS Online MBA is a modular program, consisting of 3 stages:
- Core course (10 courses)
- Specialization specific courses (5 courses)
- Master Thesis
The SBS Online MBA is conducted exclusively via online lecturing. In conjunction with industry experts and academics, our faculty team ensures that course contents ensure outstanding learning outcomes. You receive a comprehensive Course outline for each module, which contains full course work, case study activities, readings and references to further resources for each topic. The lecturer of the each course is responsible for setting and marking the assignments and exams, providing commentary on the topics throughout the study period and academic guidance for any questions and issues you have during your study. All webinar classes are synchronous, and students are expected to participate in the live webinar sessions.
Online MBA Key Features:
- SBS iLearn Portal – user-friendly web-platform
- A flexible method of learning – study method that can fully fit in your lifestyle
- Truly portable MBA – all you need is an internet-connected device
- Take your class into the office -apply the knowledge to workplace situations immediately. OMBA transforms concepts and issues in a workplace context
- Study materials always in your pocket – accessible with any device, any time you like.
- Follow courses from where ever you are on the planet
Fees and funding
Application fee (non-refundable): CHF 150.- Administration Fee (non-refundable)*: CHF 2’250.- 15 courses: CHF 1’000.- per course
*Administration Fee: CHF 2’250.- (One-time non-refundable fee)
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||20|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||20|
|Dissertation||20 (20,000 words)|
Course contact details
- Izabela Karanfiloska