We normally look for a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent in psychology without GBC (Graduate Basis for Chartership), or in related disciplines such as social sciences, human resources or business and management. Knowledge or experience of statistics is desired.
Relevant work experience is desirable and examples of types of areas of work include HRM, counselling, training, career advice.
When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average, position in class, references and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification.
Months of entry
A deeper understanding of organisational psychology is an asset to anyone currently working in the field of social sciences or human resource management. This course gives people with an appropriate background the theoretical knowledge and practical skills used in organisational psychology to help them develop or change careers.
- Build theoretical knowledge and research skills used in organisational psychology
- Gain understanding and research skills in the following areas: Psychological Assessment at Work; Learning, Training and Development; Leadership, Engagement and Motivation; Well-being and Work; Work Design, Organisational Change and Development; Research Design, Advanced Data; Gathering and Analytical Techniques; Applying Psychology to Work and Organisations.You do not need to be registered with the BPSBPS Occupational Test User (Level A and B) training included in the tuition fees.
You study with students on the MSc Organisational Psychology course, which will enhance your experience, but you do not need to register with the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Information for international students
For the latest information on demonstrating your English proficiency for those whose first language is not English, please see our language requirements.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries. For these and general requirements see entry requirements for your country.
Fees and funding
Contact us for further information on scholarships available .
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for UK/EU/International students
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for US residents
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This course has the same structure and content as the MSc Organisational Psychology, but does not require applicants to be registered with the British Psychological Society and does not lead to professional accreditation as a Chartered Occupational Psychologist.
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- + 44 (0)161 306 1339