We normally look for a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent. To be admitted to this British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited programme, your first degree must be recognised by the BPS as providing the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the BPS .
You will need to provide evidence that you have GBC or are eligible for GBC.I f you are in any doubt about your eligibility or how to prove this, please contact Mark Greally via email or call on +44 (0) 161 275 6452.
If you are not eligible for GBC, you might wish to consider our MSc Business Psychology course.
When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average and grade profile, references, and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification.
Graduate Basis of Registration (GBR) of the British Psychological Society (BPS) is required. Relevant work experience is considered desirable, but not essential.
Months of entry
Our MSc Organisational Psychology course provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to apply psychological principles, theories and methods to work organisations. The course develops your understanding of psychology as well as equipping you with practical skills for working as a psychologist within organisations.
The course at Alliance Manchester Business School:
- Is fully accredited by the British Psychological Society, providing the basis for achieving Chartered Psychologist status
- Covers the seven core areas of organisational psychology, giving you a broad basis for future practice
- Includes Test User: Occupational - Ability and Personality (Level A and B) qualifications for psychometric testing at work, enabling you to enroll on the British Psychological Society's Register of Qualifications in Test Use
- Is delivered by research-active staff, who draw on their expertise to engage you with the most up-to-date psychological research and methods
- Develops commercial awareness and business skills necessary in a competitive work environment
The course runs over one year (two years for part-time students) and comprises two taught semesters plus a research dissertation. The taught modules use a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, group work, case studies and practical exercises, and are assessed using a range of techniques, including examinations, essays, applied coursework and presentations.
Information for international students
For the latest information on demonstrating your English proficiency for those whose first language is not English, please see our language requirements.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries. For these and general requirements see entry requirements for your country .
Fees and funding
Contact us for further information on scholarships available .
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for UK/EU/International students
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for US residents
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0) 161 306 1339