We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.
- You need a degree in finance, economics or maths. You must have taken a significant number of finance and quantitative courses during your degree (accounting is not considered to be finance). You must be taking a major or specialisation in finance in your final year and need to achieve top-level results in final year finance subjects. You must also demonstrate a solid background in quantitative skills, econometrics or maths.
- Applicants studying degrees in business administration, business management or commerce, can be considered but must be able to demonstrate a very strong background in finance throughout their degree and a final year major or specialisation in finance (as outlined above). Due to competition for places, we give preference to applicants with a bachelor degree in finance or economics.
- We highly recommend GMAT or GRE for applications to all our accounting and finance related programmes. We anticipate a well-balanced score with a strong performance in the quantitative sections.
Months of entry
Investing in an MSc Finance adds up to a great career and you gain valuable quantitative skills that are in high demand by employers. A dissertation, focusing on empirical research, allows you to explore your chosen area of interest in detail, and you are supported throughout by our high-calibre staff.
Recent graduates have accepted positions in the City, with the `Big 4' global financial services firms, major world banks and financial institutions.
- We have teamed up with Kaplan Schweser to facilitate student preparation for the CFA exams.
- MSc Accounting , MSc Accounting and Finance , MSc Finance and MSc Quantitative Finance course students who perform well in Semester one and show a strong interest in CFA will get free access to Kaplan's online training materials for CFA Part One.
- Gain student support from Kaplan with access to tuition material, online question banks and progress tests, and mock exam runs. Plus tutor support and 1-2-1 sessions.
- The CFA Program builds a strong foundation of advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills.
- Take the first step to earning the Chartered Financial Analyst ® (CFA) credential to prepare for the Level I exam
- The CFA is the most respected and recognised investment designation in the world.
Trading BootCamp Week
- Together with Amplify Trading , a global financial trading and training firm, we offer a week long Trading BootCamp for MSc Accounting, MSc Accounting and Finance, MSc Finance and MSc Quantitative Finance course students.
- Experience a live trading floor provided by two experienced traders with specialist software
- Engage with contemporary financial markets and apply your classroom theory in practice
- Watch live breaking news, economic data and geo-political events, and use your knowledge and skills in trading different asset classes
- A fantastic opportunity to prepare you for successful careers after graduation.
The Finance Zone
- Gain access to one of the UK's most comprehensive collections of specialist financial and business databases that are used by top researchers around the world.
- Databases include Bloomberg, Datastream, Thomson ONE, Compustat, WRDS, Capital IQ and many more.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- + 44 (0)161 306 1339