Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
Months of entry
About the course
The international tourism industry continues to grow and flourish increasing the need for senior planners and managers with the skills to tackle a broad range of global management issues.
From heritage, cultural, social, environmental and political matters, to questions concerning strategic management and sustainable development, this course will provide you with a critical overview of the subject.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to understand the role of critical evaluation techniques and decision-making strategies necessary to establish yourself and thrive in a senior management role.
- Study major aspects and developments in international tourism and how these may be positively reflected in management practice.
- Explore the interconnectedness of international tourism within its economic, technological, socio-cultural, psychological and political contexts, and deepen your knowledge of the effects of tourism on the environment.
- Develop your knowledge of academic frameworks, theories and understandings within the policy and professional practice environment of tourist enterprises and business.
- Gain access to high quality research through our Institute for Tourism Research (INTOUR) and draw on numerous practical projects and case studies from a range of national and international organisations in the commercial, public and third sectors.
- Benefit from our extensive links with industry, many of which provide opportunities for internships and possible employment.
Areas of study:
- Marketing and the Digital Future
- Tourism, Society and Culture
- Tourism Policy and Practice
- Strategic Management
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
- Travel Management
- Hospitality Management
- Conference management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Public Relations
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details