UK applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
A good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution and an English language qualification are required (https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/english). We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience. More information: https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/contactus.
Months of entry
January, November, September, July, June, March
Why choose this course?
If you’re an ambitious manager working in the private, public or voluntary sectors, and want to develop your skills and engage in stimulating debate with your peers, then this course is for you.
This course will enhance your understanding of contemporary leadership theory and develop your ability to reflect on your managerial experiences enabling you to transfer learning into practice.
· Gain a solid foundation in the key skills and effective leadership and management.
· Study contemporary approaches to management including aspects of accounting and finance, strategic management, operations and project management and marketing and digital futures.
· Build upon your existing management abilities to strengthen your skills and personal. performance on a course which inspires teamwork and engagement to contribute to ethical and innovative practice.
· Benefit from our employability practice-based approach with real business that will enable you to critically evaluate and improve your own management skills to succeed in the global marketplace.
· All PG courses are available to start in Sep, Nov, Jan, Mar, Jun and Jul.
On this course you will undertake four 30 credit Units and one 60 credit project unit.
Our courses are designed engaging, attractive and flexible in the current global marketplace. There are six entry points through the year. This allows you to start when it is most suitable.
Your course takes place over three semesters.
· Induction Week
· Unit 1 (30 credits)
· Unit 2 (30 credits)
· Unit 3 (30 credits)
· Unit 4 (30 credits)
· Capstone or Law project (BLP) 60 credits
Our evidence-based approach is designed to enhance engagement and success by applied practice, working with other students creating the opportunity for network development.
· Accounting and Finance
· Marketing and the Digital Future
· Strategic and Brand Management
· Project and Operations Management
This Master's course provides the opportunity to undertake different types of project, a "Capstone" experience which completes the integration of your studies applied in one of the following:
· Professional Practice - you will be required to respond to a number of work-based scenarios through critical evaluation to determine an appropriate course of action.
· The Live Project - this will enable you to work as part of a team on a project provided by a business organisation.
· The dissertation - this is a conventional dissertation of 12,000 to 15,000 words, enabling you to undertake in-depth research of a topic relating to your course.
You will understand applied theory and develop critical thinking skills, which will help you to evaluate the relevance of what you have learnt. This will enable you to demonstrate rigorous expertise for a business or related organisation. There are two assessments per unit (4 units total), in a variety of forms e.g. reports, presentations and essays.
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
· Financial Services
· Management Services
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.
Fees and funding
Fees are £6,800. You can apply for a loan from the Government to help pay for your tuition fees and living costs. Visit www.gov.uk/postgraduate-loan.
See www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/fees/pg for full information on fees and funding.
Fees are £12,000.
A prompt payment discount is available if you pay the full fee before or at registration. There are also special scholarships available.
See www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/fees-and-scholarships for full information.
The University reserves the right to increase tuition fees by no more than inflation.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0300 3300 073