This course is subject to approval. Entry requirements will be confirmed once the course is validated.
Months of entry
About the course
As the world recovers from a financial crisis, the ability to understand and manage risk is vital for businesses to operate successfully and compete on a global scale.
Through a combination of academic study and working with industry on real business problems, you will gain advanced knowledge of how financial markets operate together with risk management practices, and develop the personal and professional skills you need to be a key player in this global, knowledge-based economy.
- Study the related areas of financial markets and portfolio management, management accounting and financial planning, financial regulations and fraud management and strategic management.
- Gain advanced knowledge of financial organisations and institutions as well as of government and corporate policies and the critical capabilities to apply theory to complex issues.
- Explore how finance professionals assess and manage risk in order to protect shareholders and other stakeholders from the adverse impact of unforeseen events.
- Develop your employability by undertaking a work placement with the opportunity to work on a live project.
- Benefit from studying with a Business School that has partners across the world enabling you to examine the cross culture perspectives essential to organisations in the global markets.
Areas of study
- Management Accounting and Financial Planning
- Financial Regulation and Fraud Management
- Financial Markets and Portfolio Management
- Strategic Management
completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
- Risk Management
- Credit Risk Analysis
- Finance Research
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details