Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent. You should have a good first degree in a relevant subject, such as, accounting, finance, banking and economics, or closely-related disciplines at Honours level, or equivalent.
Months of entry
- Study the changing contexts in which international finance companies and banks operate, learn to appreciate the integrated nature of the subject, and discover how to relate hard and soft issues to problem solving
- Explore the subject’s inter-relationship with other disciplines, such as investment and accounting
- Develop the ability to apply your knowledge of finance and banking to highly complex issues and the changing external context in which they operate
- Gain mastery of complex and specialised knowledge, and boost your career prospects and earning potential
- Benefit from an enhancement in your lifelong learning skills and personal development, take the opportunity to work with self-direction and originality, and make a major contribution to business, wider society and the global economy.
The globalisation of financial markets and deregulation and technological advances in banking have brought an increasing demand of careers in financial and banking sectors.
The MSc International Finance and Banking offers the concepts and skills required by financial managers and financial analysts operating in international environment. It provides you with an opportunity to critically analyse the role of banking within international financial markets.
Attention is also placed on developing a contemporary empirical understanding of the behaviour of international financial markets that is particularly relevant for the aspects of international banking, alongside providing you with the ICT and research skills required by employers in this highly competitive banking sector.
You will develop an in-depth understanding of financial systems in theory and practice that particularly relevant for the aspects of international banking. It is specially designed for those seeking a career in banks, investment banks, securities firms, portfolio managers, finance departments of industrial and service companies, consultants, central banks, and multinational financial organisations, etc. Such organisations have a continuous demand for postgraduate-level executives.About the course
This inter-disciplinary course blends economic, mathematical and financial theory with a range of analytical approaches to solve complex problems and implement successful solutions. On graduation, you will be ready to use your expertise and knowledge in the international finance and banking industries, and contribute to business, society and the global economy.
By completing the course you will have the skills and experience to find career opportunities in international banking and financial services industry:
- Retail Banking
- Investment Banking
- Corporate Relationship Management
- Regulatory Compliance Management
- Instrument trade
- Project Finance
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD
Areas of study include:
- Bank Management
- The Global Economic Context
- Financial Regulation and Fraud Management
- Financial Markets and Portfolio Management
Fees and funding
For details on the financial support on offer at the University of Bedfordshire please visit our website: www.beds.ac.uk/pgfunding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 1582 743 500