Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
Months of entry
About the Course:
This course is integrative, blending accounting and business finance theory to solve problems faced by managers on a daily basis.
You will also further develop the necessary quantitative, research, and presentation skills required for successful career in business or further academic study.
Your studies will be enhanced by the integration of theory and practice into those situations where vital financial decisions have to be made
- Study in formal lectures, seminars and tutorials but also in small groups that involve the in-depth discussion of case studies, simulation exercises, preparation for assessments and work on presentations.
- Explore the synthesis of information from different sources, and take different contextual approaches from a range of perspectives in order to solve complex problems and implement solutions.
- Develop your skills in the use of REUTERS 3000 Eikon, which will equip you with technical knowledge and skills in trading and data analysis.
- Gain a deep understanding of the synthesis of information from different sources and of the international context of your subject.
- Benefit from teaching that focuses on the relevance of accounting regulations to a complex globalised economy.
Areas of study may include:
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Management Accounting and Financial Planning
- Financial Markets and Portfolio Management
- Strategic Management
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
- Assurance and audit
- Financial accounting
- Corporate finance
- Corporate insolvency and recovery
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details