You will need an undergraduate honours degree (preferably 2:1) or equivalent, plus GCSE grade C or above in English Language and Maths. You'll also be expected to have several weeks of recent experience in UK secondary schools. You must be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of subject knowledge in your chosen subject curriculum specialism.
Months of entry
You’re on the threshold of making one of the most exciting decisions of your life – to teach! Offering practical classroom experience throughout, our course will help you join a new generation of talented secondary school teachers.
- Put your career plans on a firm footing – with a PGCE, recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status and 60 credits at masters level
- Spend most of the year on placement, learning what it takes to become a great teacher
- Benefit from our strong network of partnership schools so that you gain varied, challenging and effective practical experience
- Develop your subject specialism and your understanding of teaching children from wide-ranging backgrounds
- Be inspired by our team of dedicated, friendly tutors who are renowned internationally for high quality teaching and research
- If you're interested in developing your skills in SEND, choose our optional Special Educational Needs and Disability pathway
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- General Enquiries
- +44 (0)1332 590500