2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in any subject and a minimum of 3 years managerial work experience. You must also provide a personal statement and a detailed CV describing your work experience with specific emphasis on the managerial roles and responsibilities. In terms of managerial work experience, we are looking for a person responsible for planning the aims, objectives and priorities of their work area, communicating this to their team and colleagues, someone managing people – at least a team of three people reporting to them.
If your application successfully passes through the first stage of the admissions process, you will be invited you to take part in an interview by Skype (if you are abroad) or face-to-face (if you are in the UK). The interview is relatively informal, lasts between 30 and 45 minutes and seeks to evaluate your suitability for the Glasgow MBA, as well as discuss your application and expectations. The interview will enable the MBA team to get to know you and provide you with an opportunity to understand how the Glasgow MBA works. The interview may include interaction with other candidates and you may be asked to prepare a brief presentation on a particular topic. Focus will be on the following competencies: motivation, commercial and business awareness, team working, project management, creativity, resilience and flexibility, business ethics and communication.
Although the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) is not a standard requirement of our admissions process, strong verbal reasoning and numerical abilities are critical for the MBA and we may ask you to undertake such a test.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
The Glasgow MBA will empower you with crucial skills and knowledge and provide you with the networking opportunities you need to accelerate your career, either as a manager within the private, third or public sector, or in developing your own entrepreneurial ambition. We give you one-to-one support to help develop you into a successful leader.
- We have been teaching the MBA since 1976. Our programme is AMBA accredited, which means our MBA is internationally recognised to the highest standard.
- We purposefully recruit a small yet diverse cohort of students. As a result you will receive dedicated 1-2-1 teaching and support whilst also being able to take the time to learn from your fellow students’ experience and skillset.
- Classes are interactive, striking the right balance between tuition and discussion.
- Throughout the year we host a series of social, networking and guest speaker events to enhance your learning experience and help you get the most out of your MBA.
- We offer an MBA Professional Development and Employability Award. This is a unique initiative which includes an opportunity for you to be mentored by one of our MBA alumni.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions