Applicants should have:
- A good second-class honours degree, or equivalent, with the merit of each application being assessed on an individual basis. Please contact Dr Benjamin Nutt for more details.
- Short personal statement (no more than 1000 words), explaining why you are interested in international relations as well as some background information on yourself.
- A work or academic reference.
Months of entry
This MA is a flexible career-enhancing programme. You'll have a placement-year to boost your employability in a policy-related field, working in the media or private sector. Choosing this placement-year option provides opportunity to put knowledge and skills into practice, as well as enrich personal network of contacts.
Other MA International Relaions pathways at Herts include a one-year option and Advanced Research programme.
Information for international students
- All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency, equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in Writing and 6.0 in all other bands.
- If you do not have the required IELTS or equivalent for direct entry on to your degree programme, our Pre-sessional English may help you to achieve this level.
- More information about English language qualifications are available on our international pages.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Benjamin Nutt
- 01707 284 000