Minimum second-class degree or equivalent overseas qualfication.
Months of entry
This course will provide you with a comprehensive three-part postgraduate life sciences training.
Firstly, unlike many MSc courses, we offer you dedicated training in a broad suite of practical laboratory skills.
Secondly, this is complemented by two unique classes that develop your transferrable skills in statistics, presentations, career development, and ethics, as well as honing your science writing skills and your ability to design experiments and analyse sophisticated datasets.
Thirdly, our taught classes capture the excitement of cutting-edge research fields and you'll be taught by active researchers or practising clinical professionals.
There's a choice of classes that allows you to select a pathway to suit your future aspirations. The MSc Advanced Pharmacology has a special focus on how drugs and other chemicals affect the body in health and disease. You'll explore the development of new and improved medicines and the treatment of disease.
What you'll study
- vital transferable skills in statistics, communication, ethics, science writing & critical analysis of data
- two semesters of postgraduate laboratories, giving you the practical abilities & interpretational skills that will prepare you for your project & future career
- short optional classes in in vivo biology or drug discovery
- a compulsory Pharmacology class followed by a choice of either Clinical Pharmacology, or Applied Pharmacology
- a summer project in an active research laboratory
The course provides the perfect springboard to future training at PhD level or gives you a range of skills and experience that will prove attractive to employers from industry or the health-care provision sector.
The course is taught in the Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences. It’s located in our new building with state-of-the-art laboratories.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details