- A high 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or an equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in Business, Economics, Finance, Banking,or Investment areas.
- Applicants with a 2.2 in a Management subject with a background in Economics or Maths (e.g. an A-level in Economics, Finance, Maths, Statistics, or 40 credits or above in Economics, Maths, or Statistics at university) will also be considered.
- Applicants with ACA and ACCA qualifications will be considered.
Months of entry
The MSc in Business Finance with professional placement is designed to enhance students' understanding of the operation of firms, with a special focus on the financing decisions they must make. This requires an evaluation of the firm’s relationship to financial markets. It also requires an understanding of the theory and practice underlying corporate finance and investment decisions. By studying the operation and design of corporate financial systems, and analysing business financing and investment decisions, this masters programme should enable students to find a role within the finance department of large firms or in government bodies, as well as provide them with tools to help organise smaller businesses.
The objective of the Business Finance MSc is to produce graduates with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of business finance and company valuation within the context of modern financial markets, without necessarily requiring a high level of mathematical or statistical knowledge as a prerequisite. The key transferable research skills acquired will enable students to proceed to PhD study. In addition, the programme will equip students with the key skills required to undertake further professional development and seek career opportunities within financial management.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification and course duration
MSc (with Professional Practice)
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599