Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirementsYou will need:
- a minimum 2:2 BEng Honours degree in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
- a minimum 2:2 Honours degree in Mathematics or a physical science, combined with relevant experience in an engineering field or working with Sensors and Data Analytics
- MEng graduates may qualify for up to 20 RPL credits if they have previously studied one of the option modules (or an equivalent) offered at M-level
- IELTS 6.0
Months of entry
The MSc (sandwich) Sensors, Data and Management is an innovative programme designed to be an interface between the University and Industry.
- Follow this application-led curriculum, designed in line with advice from industrial partners, which emphasises an understanding of the concepts and theories that underpin the theory, as well as its practical application within the real-world
- Enjoy high quality teaching, supported by practical laboratory and group activities, with state-of-the-art hardware and software facilities and excellent technical support
- Look forward to a work placement in your second year of study. The 30 plus week placement and writing of your dissertation will run in tandem between June and May. Your will submit your dissertation in the 3rd week of May
Industrial organisations in different sectors have identified a gap in the market and the need for Engineers with good leadership and interpersonal skills in addition to their technical ability.
This programme aims to be an interface between University and industry, by providing appropriate training to our students, in interpersonal and leadership skills, in addition to the traditional technical skills explored in the modules and industrial placement.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Contact LJMU's International Admissions Team for guidance on visa information. Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44(0)151 231 5090