You will need:
- a minimum 2.2 honours degree in Telecommunications or Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
- an honours degree in Mathematics or a physical science, together with experience in a relevant field
- a degree with industrial experience or relevant postgraduate experience
- graduate or corporate membership of one of the following professional bodies: The Institution of Engineering and Technology, The Institute of Measurement and Control or The Institute of Physics
- Qualifications or experience deemed to be equivalent to the above will also be accepted
- Mature students must provide evidence of adequate educational and/or industrial experience
- IELTS 6.0
- Non-standard applications may be subject to interview
Months of entry
LJMU's Wireless Communications MSc meets the requirements and significant demand for postgraduates in this exciting field, both within the UK and international markets.
- Study at one the UK’s leading Engineering Departments
- Enrol on a programme informed by internationally-acclaimed research from LJMU’s Electrical and Electronic Engineering Research Centre
- Postgraduates of this course highly sought after by major UK and international employers
- Look forward to a placement in your second year of study. For sandwich students, the 30 plus week industrial placement and writing of the MSc Dissertation will run in tandem during the second year
Industrial organisations across all sectors have identified a gap in the market for Engineers with good leadership and interpersonal skills in addition to their technical abilities.
This programme provides excellent progression for undergraduate courses in electronics or communications engineering. You can also complete the course as part of your career development and to specialise in the Wireless Networks, Sensors and Radio and Optical Signal Propagation.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Contact LJMU's International Admissions Team for guidance on visa information. Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44(0) 151 231 5090