Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You’ll need a good UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent, in any subject.
International students please see www.mmu.ac.uk/international.
English Language Requirements
We require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification. Accepted English qualifications can be viewed here.
Months of entry
From festivals and concerts, to conferences and corporate events, this course will give you the professional skills you need to succeed in international event management.
Develop a broad range of event delivery strategies and a wealth of first-hand experience in planning, managing and evaluating events. Through live experiential activities and client-based consultancy projects, you’ll gain experience planning and managing a variety of real-life events.
We designed the course with successful event industry professionals. And we invite guest lecturers who are active in global events management to share their best practice with you. You’ll develop a powerful grasp of how business operates in this sector.
Beyond academia and into the working world
Supported by our placements office, you’ll also be able to begin building an impressive CV through an optional 36-48 week internship. Spending this time in a real-world events environment will allow you to hone your skills within a fast-paced professional organisation.
Your engagement with employers will also allow you to create new opportunities that will not only benefit your learning, but pave the way for your professional future in this exciting industry.
Features and Benefits
- Industry experts - this course is taught by lecturers with extensive experience in areas such as sports events, conference management and exhibitions.
- Triple crown - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Latest insights - high profile industry consultants and ambassadors make sure this course reflects the current needs of the industry.
- Industry connections – make the most of our well-established industry links and the thriving events scene across Manchester to prepare for opportunities in the world of international events management.
- Networking events – connect with influential industry professionals at Events Connect Conference, as well as numerous field trips, site visits and guest lectures.
- Placements – take advantage of over 200+ volunteering opportunities, plus the option to apply for internships with international events organisations, either short-term alongside your studies or for up to 48 weeks as an additional part of your course.
- Employability – with an abundance of first-hand experience and a wealth of strategy and operational knowledge, you’ll be able to explore a wide range of event management roles.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
This course includes a 36-48 week internship option.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 161 247 6969