Normally a good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent, in any subject, We will also consider your application if you have significant, relevant experience or degree-equivalent professional qualifications.
Months of entry
The MSc Marketing is aimed at students or professionals who may not have had any previous knowledge of marketing at undergraduate level but who may wish to gain a career in this varied and fast paced industry.
In an international business climate, which has undergone tumultuous economic change during the last decade, graduates with excellent marketing awareness and management skills have never been in bigger demand. The shifting balance in world trade, the emergence of fast growing economies and the advancement of digital technologies, plus an increasing pool of world consumers, means that businesses need to be increasingly focused on how they develop competitive marketing strategies.
The programme is taught by highly experienced academic tutors and industry practitioners, who bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the challenges posed in today’s business environment. The course combines strong academic principles and theories but examines these within a focused and applied teaching approach. Contemporary business issues are discussed within appropriate academic and practical contexts whilst students develop their knowledge in international branding and digital media.
You will study the following units:
- Contemporary Issues in Marketing Strategy
- Strategy & Planning for Digital and Social Media Communications
- International Brand Strategy
- Investigating Business Practice (live client brief)
- Research Methods
- This course has dual award accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
- You will be taught in the Business School’s £75 million teaching and research headquarters on All Saints Campus. Watch the video to find out more.
- Established links with the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Chartered Institute of Public Relations means that our students can obtain student membership of these professional bodies.
- This programme has an advanced standing route for mature students who have relevant professional qualifications or who have previously studied for a postgraduate certificate or diploma. Through advanced standing we can give you academic credit for your current qualifications. Consequently you only need to study selected units and can achieve an MSc in a shorter timeframe. The tuition fees for this route are also lower because you only pay for the units you need to take rather than having to study all the units for the MSc.
- Students work as an account team on a live marketing project for a real client.
- You will have opportunity to undertake a short postgraduate internship as part of your studies, gaining relevant work experience.
- You will have the opportunity to go on company visits to businesses based in North West England to learn more about their operations. Current visits includes BBC MediaCityUK, Manchester United and Jaguar Land Rover.
Career opportunities for graduates with a focus on Marketing Strategy and International Brand Development are extensive and varied. Recent graduates have taken up employment opportunities with advertising agencies, pharmaceutical companies, financial and legal services and within the FMGC industry. The Business School has extensive links to marketing, digital and PR agencies across the UK and there are ample opportunities to network with recruiting employers at a number of events organised in the Business School annually.
Information for international students
For more information to support your studies in the UK, including course details, how to apply, and living in the UK visit our website.
Fees and funding
For further information on potential sources of funding for postgraduate students, visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Angela Hall - Course Leader
- +44 (0)161 247 6969