An upper-second-class Honours degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline. Since this programme is taught in English, no knowledge of the Dutch language is required.
Months of entry
This innovative, dual award programme provides the opportunity to study for a Master’s award at two European universities. You will receive an MA in Advanced International Business Management and Marketing from Newcastle University and an MSc in International Business and Management and Marketing from the University of Groningen, in the Netherlands.
The programme evaluates the main aspects of business in an international context with a focus on marketing, including:
- brand management
- marketing communications management
- customer relations management.
The degree has been designed for individuals who aspire to a career in international business management and will practically prepare students for a range of positions in international, multinational or transnational companies. The programme will also provide participants with the expertise appropriate to a management career in the not for profit sector.
On a practical level, you will develop an understanding of and applied skills in:
- multi-stakeholder perspectives in respect of the strategic management challenges brought about by increased globalisation
- the international aspects of financial management and the associated financial risks of international business
- the implications of leadership and top management team composition for managing within, and across national borders
- an advanced knowledge of analytical frameworks and tools useful for the measurement and explanation of market performance and consumer behaviour
- critical analysis in the context of the activities of business, government and non-government organisations
The programme has a diverse international cohort and is taught in English with selected workshops delivered jointly by academics from both universities.
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet the following English Language requirements: Direct Entry : IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 in all sub-skills). Pre-sessional English Language courses are not accepted as an alternative entry to this course.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
MSc Dual award
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Office, Newcastle University Business School
- +44 (0) 191 208 1503