You will need a good honours degree (minimum 2.1) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience, and a portfolio of work. If English is not your first language you will need to meet our requirements. Please see the NTU website for more information.
Months of entry
This course allows you to develop your artistic practice whilst engaging professionally with the vibrant arts community in Nottingham. You will critically engage with, interrogate and resolve your own practice, leading to an informed and established body of work. With an emphasis on professional practice and audience engagement, you will widen your network working with partners across the city of Nottingham, preparing you for the rigours of contemporary practice as an artist and researcher.
- Dedicate yourself to the studio, focusing and exploring your practice.
- Work with the arts community in Nottingham to widen your practice and professional network.
- Take part in a programme of professional practice, including career development planning and professional work experience.
- Be supported by staff who are practising artists in their own right.
- Benefit from our extensive links with festivals, arts organisations, and artists' groups locally, nationally and internationally, including our own Bonington Gallery.
- Have the opportunity to undertake a European exchange with a partner institution, through the Erasmus programme.
- Opt for additional research sessions if you're thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study
Information for international students
Preparing for the financial side of student life is important, but there's no need to feel anxious and confused about it. We hope that the fees and funding pages of our website will answer all your questions.
The government introduced a new postgraduate loans scheme for the 2016/17 academic year for Masters degrees. The loan will be a contribution towards the costs of study and it will be at the student's discretion to use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or other costs.
We are offering a number of scholarships for Masters study.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- School of Art & Design Postgraduate Office
- +44 (0) 115 848 8434