You will need a good honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or relevant experience and a creative portfolio.
Months of entry
Our MA Graphic Design course is designed to create accomplished designers and thinkers, whose practice is shaped by innovation in a discipline that is at the forefront of global communication.
Central to the course is an intensive practice-led enquiry, which will take the shape of a major project that you will create. Through visual exploration, contextual research and reflection, you will gain a deeper understanding of this exciting discipline.
At the start of the course you’ll work on short projects which are aimed at challenging conventions and giving you the intellectual grounding that you need for your MA project. You’ll then focus on a subject of your choice and through research, development and testing, create a bespoke design project which truly represents your own specific interests as a designer.
You’ll also benefit from working alongside other Masters students from Branding and Identity, Design and Illustration, providing you with the opportunity to collaborate
- Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations
- Engage with industry by undertaking short internships and studio visits.
- Work in our dedicated Art & Design postgraduate studio
- Benefit from regular lectures from leading figures in the design industry
- Attend workshops such as Locating your Practice as a Graphic Designer, Typography and Branding and Ideation for designers in addition to technical workshops
- Opt for an additional advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study.
- We are proud to be ranked 13th in the UK for Art and Design (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021).
Your space to create at NTU
We’re committed to helping you explore, expand and refine your craft, as you discover new creative horizons with some truly great tools, equipment and workspaces. Visit our facilities hub at www.ntu.ac.uk/artfacilities to find out more.
Information for international students
English language requirement -
IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)115 848 2999