Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2.2 honours degree and a personal statement.
Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and / or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
You are asked to use your Personal Statement to illustrate your knowledge and perspective on an aspect of the fashion industry. This should be related to the course and could include product development, supply chain, marketing, forecasting, consumer behaviour or the financial aspects of fashion as well as many other topics.
Months of entry
MA International Fashion Business aims to develop agile and resilient fashion managers who can respond to the opportunities and challenges arising in the sector.
The course will develop your skills to devise operational and strategic plans for fashion organisations. You’ll gain theoretical and practice-based knowledge and insights into real industry situations, and be equipped with the core skills to manage people and resources to sustain and grow fashion brands.
The curriculum covers key management subjects including: leadership and change management; internationalisation; supply chain management; ethics and sustainability; product development; omni-channel marketing and branding strategies; retail management; buying and merchandising practice; and financial management.
The course addresses the fashion industry from an international perspective and examines management models from both established fashion brands and entrepreneurial fashion concepts.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of how the different areas of the fashion industry work together, and choose your specialist focus
- Select from a range of possible outputs to reflect your personal career aspirations or to support a business start-up
- Benefit from industry speakers such as senior managers from leading fashion brands and fashion entrepreneurs from new fashion start-ups
- Work individually and as a team in a challenging, creative and multicultural environment within the School of Art & Design
- Attend workshops to enhance your research skills, acquire relevant software skills like Adobe InDesign, and gain support for your personal career planning
- Go on study trips to international fashion capitals like Paris, Copenhagen, Antwerp and New York.
- Gain a globally recognised academic qualification in conjunction with personal and professional development for employability and entrepreneurship
- Prepare for further postgraduate study such as PhD.
Information for international students
English language requirement - IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or the equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 115 848 4200