We're a family-owned company and a global leader in the food industry, creating consistent quality meat products from sustainable sources for some of the UK’s biggest supermarkets and food service providers. Our passion for quality and innovation drives our rapid growth, and we're looking for ambitious graduates like you to join our team.
Imagine being part of a company that values integrity, trust, and creating better food naturally. By investing in innovation and sustainability, we aspire to become a key partner for new and existing customers. With our Brighter Futures Graduate Programme, you'll have the chance to grow your career in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment, working alongside passionate people who will help you unlock your full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering graduate to join our business. You may not have previously considered working in a food manufacturing environment however the role of an Engineer in meat processing can be hugely varied and extremely rewarding, no two days are the same. There is not much sitting behind a desk in this role, instead you will be hands on and, on the go, working in a fast paced, busy environment overseeing electrical, mechanical and automation in a food manufacturing business.
Our Engineers are essential to the day to day operations of the business. They oversee the electrical and mechanical needs of the equipment and machinery required in the process of manufacturing food. They strive to maximise site productivity by engaging in preventive actions in reference to health and safety, good manufacturing practices (GMP), hygiene compliance, and performance of routine maintenance of machines and equipment.
Tasks may include carrying out both electrical and mechanical work such as planned maintenance activity, reacting to breakdowns, establishing and eliminating the root-cause of problems and working on continuous improvement projects.
As the industry is evolving and systems are becoming more automated, the need for equipment and machinery to be well maintained and available for use at all times is vital to production.
As an Engineering Graduate, you will work as part of a dedicated, driven and supportive team, as your skills and knowledge develop over time, you will get involved in all aspects of Engineering and management within the business and your responsibility will increase over time giving you the confidence to grow. As well as your technical qualifications, you’ll have to be a well organised person who is able to deal calmly with day-to-day breakdown issues whilst, at the same time, seeing the big picture and planning for new preventative maintenance activities and major projects.
With us you would receive
- 1-to-1 coaching, dedicated mentors, and bespoke management development to help you grow professionally.
- Fast track career progression and the potential to rotate to different areas of the business, broadening your horizons and giving you the chance to explore new challenges.
- The opportunity to learn from passionate and knowledgeable people with invaluable on-the-job training.
- Investment in residential offsite training and team building to further enhance your skills, ensuring you stay ahead of the game.
What we are looking for
- A degree in mechanical or electrical engineering;
- An understanding and awareness of HSE requirements, always complies and operates in line with policies and procedures;
- An understanding of operating integrity, quality processes and systems with high standards for compliance and quality;
- Strong financial understanding and business acumen;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent time management;
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK.
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
The successful candidate must, by the commencement of employment, have the right to work in the UK.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2024