We're a family-owned company and a global leader in the food industry, creating consistent quality meat products from sustainable sources for some of the UK’s biggest supermarkets and food service providers. Our passion for quality and innovation drives our rapid growth, and we're looking for ambitious graduates like you to join our team.
Imagine being part of a company that values integrity, trust, and creating better food naturally. By investing in innovation and sustainability, we aspire to become a key partner for new and existing customers. With our Brighter Futures Graduate Programme, you'll have the chance to grow your career in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment, working alongside passionate people who will help you unlock your full potential.
At Dunbia, our mission is to create an industry leading culture of food safety, quality and technical innovation. We have an exciting opportunity for a Food Safety & Quality Graduate to join our business. A hands-on opportunity to understand and impact on food safety, quality and animal welfare across a fast-paced food manufacturing environment ensuring legislative compliance, customer excellence and continuous improvement.
As part of the Food Safety & Quality team you will gain a wide range of food safety & quality and business experience skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy environment, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with food safety & quality operations, procedures and document control;
- Ensuring the on-going maintenance and updating of the department files including SOP’s, Risk Assessments, HACCP documents and quality management documents;
- Assisting in carrying out audits as per schedule;
- Assisting in evaluating the written SOP’s being implemented, trained and compiled with in all areas;
- Supporting the maintaining and managing of non-conformant logs;
- Logging of complaints and communicating to the relevant personnel;
- Assisting with close investigations into complaints including route cause analysis;
- Carrying out the microbiological and chemical sampling of finished product and raw materials as per sampling schedule;
- Carrying out internal audits and assisting with external and customer audits;
- Working collaboratively with the Food Safety and Quality team to monitor quality assurance, hygiene and food safety activities;
- Understanding the importance of Animal Welfare within the business.
With us you would receive
- 1-to-1 coaching, dedicated mentors, and bespoke management development to help you grow professionally.
- Fast track career progression and the potential to rotate to different areas of the business, broadening your horizons and giving you the chance to explore new challenges.
- The opportunity to learn from passionate and knowledgeable people with invaluable on-the-job training.
- Investment in residential offsite training and team building to further enhance your skills, ensuring you stay ahead of the game.
What we are looking for
- A degree in a related discipline (food technology, nutrition, science);
- An understanding and awareness of HSE requirements, always complies and operates in line with policies and procedures;
- An understanding of operating integrity, quality processes and systems with high standards for compliance and quality;
- Strong financial understanding and business acumen;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and enhance food safety understanding throughout the site;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent time management;
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- HACCP trained is an advantage;
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK.
Accepted degree subjects
- health sciences
- biology and life sciences
- agricultural sciences
- food sciences
Additional job details
- Carmarthenshire · Cross Hands
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
The successful candidate must, by the commencement of employment, have the right to work in the UK.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2024