We're a family-owned company and a global leader in the food industry, creating consistent quality meat products from sustainable sources for some of the UK’s biggest supermarkets and food service providers. Our passion for quality and innovation drives our rapid growth, and we're looking for ambitious graduates like you to join our team.
Imagine being part of a company that values integrity, trust, and creating better food naturally. By investing in innovation and sustainability, we aspire to become a key partner for new and existing customers. With our Brighter Futures Graduate Programme, you'll have the chance to grow your career in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment, working alongside passionate people who will help you unlock your full potential.
Our graduate programme offers a diverse range of experiences and opportunities, ensuring that you'll never be bored. From production and quality control to management and sustainability initiatives, you'll be exposed to various aspects of the business, fostering continuous learning and growth. We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations & Commercial graduate to join our business. Working in fast-paced food manufacturing environment gaining a hands-on experience across all aspects of operations, production and commercial with a focus on continuous improvement.
This graduate role will ensure you gain a wide range of operations, production and commercial
business experience skills through continuous on the job development with coaching and mentoring. Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy meat production environment. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing analysis of production efficiency;
- Line Speed & Efficiencies;
- Retail intake;
- Meeting a number of pre-determined KPIs;
- Primary Carcass Breakdown & yields;
- Retail planning;
- Coordinating production with sales and assessing costings of new ad ongoing business;
- Ensuring customer requirements are met;
- Accurately costing new products;
- Working with a continuous improvement mindset.
With us you would receive
- 1-to-1 coaching, dedicated mentors, and bespoke management development to help you grow professionally.
- Fast track career progression and the potential to rotate to different areas of the business, broadening your horizons and giving you the chance to explore new challenges.
- The opportunity to learn from passionate and knowledgeable people with invaluable on-the-job training.
- Investment in residential offsite training and team building to further enhance your skills, ensuring you stay ahead of the game.
What we are looking for
- Degree in agri, agri business, business/commerce or sales related discipline;
- Strong financial understanding and business acumen;
- Highly motivated, ambitious and commercially minded;
- Excellent time management;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of Microsoft Office
- Ability to adapt to change in highly competitive fast paced environment;
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude;
- The applicant must have the right to work in UK.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- marketing and advertising studies
- agricultural sciences
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
The successful candidate must, by the commencement of employment, have the right to work in the UK.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2024